Use the search box to the right, to find what you are looking for. Powered by Google.
1. The Calgary Stampede is one of the largest summer festivals in North America. The first Stampede was held in 1912, but the event has become more and more popular every year since.
2. The Calgary Tower is the tallest tower in western Canada. It's also one of the tallest free-standing structure in North America. Up here you will see outstanding and breath-taking views of the city.
3. How often do you get to go to a bar and have the bartender juggle or play music? There are many such bars in downtown Calgary.
4. Speaking of the bars, the drink prices are really cheap (well, depends where you go)! The beers average around four dollars, which is less than half what you would pay in most major US cities. Not only that, but you can also order a beer in a can without being made fun of (although some places do charge extra for it).
5. Calgary is a sports town, so you can always go watch the Calgary Flames of the National Hockey League, The Stampedes of the CFL and many other local sports.
6. If you've ever dreamed of standing on top of a hill in the middle of downtown, then you'll love Calgary's Hillhurst Community Association's annual "People's Hill". It happens every summer on the third Saturday of July (which may or may not be July 3rd).
7. You are in close proximity to the most beautiful national park in Canada, Banff National Park.
8. Great public transportation system: the city has the C-LTR train system, buses, taxis and many other forms of transportation... helping you to navigate the city easily and help you get to your destination.
9. The city is home to some of the best antique and authentic stores in Canada, so if you come to Calgary, you will buy some great souvenirs.
10. Last but not least, Calgary is simply beautiful, one of the best cities in the world! It is an outstanding city with a population of over 1 million people.