Use the search box to the right, to find what you are looking for. Powered by Google.
The city of Toronto is a diverse, cosmopolitan centre that combines the heady excitement of a major metropolitan hub with the peace and serenity of a smaller city. Toronto has all the amenities of a major metropolis and yet it is surprisingly compact and easy to get around, even without a car. It’s also less overwhelming than its American counterparts like New York or Chicago. One of my favourite things to do is watch Canada's only NBA team, the Toronto Raptors.
Tourists and locals alike flock to Toronto for its rich culture, world-class nightlife, cozy pubs, historic landmarks, excellent shopping opportunities and vibrant people. There are millions of reasons to visit Toronto, but this article will introduce you to the 15 best reasons why you should visit Toronto, Canada.
1. Toronto is the capital city of Ontario, and also one of the most populous cities in North America. It literally has everything you need to see, hear, and experience.
2. The city is diverse and multicultural, reflecting its history as a meeting place for many different cultures, including those from Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
3. Toronto is a city of neighbourhoods - each one with its own distinct character that offers something different to explore. There's no better way to experience Toronto than on foot, exploring the nooks and crannies of our neighbourhoods while taking in some of the sights along the way.
4. Some of you will disagree but Toronto's residents are known for their friendly and polite natures. A lot of good, welcoming people will show you around the city!
5. There's something for everyone in Toronto, from the best shopping districts to the most exciting nightlife to nature trails that wend their way through our ravines and green spaces.
6. Toronto's architecture is unlike anything you'll find just about anywhere else in the world, with a distinct style that blends the old with the new, creating a place that is at once modern and historic.
7. It has an impressive skyline that is full of skyscrapers. The design of some of Toronto's glass buildings is so cool and impressive!
8. The CN Tower defines the skyline and makes it instantly recognizable as a tourist destination to many people around the world! The CN Tower is a must-see. It's located in the heart of downtown Toronto and at 553 m tall, it's one of the world's tallest towers. It offers an expansive view of Toronto from its observation area and can be used to monitor traffic in the surrounding area. For those who are interested in viewing Toronto from a different perspective, visiting the CN Tower is an absolute must!
9. Because of its size, Toronto is home to a large number of museums such as the Art Gallery of Ontario, the Royal Museum and other historical sites.
10. The city is also home to many different cultural festivals throughout the year. These include the famous Toronto International Film Festival, which has been in existence since 1976.
11. Toronto is also known for its live entertainment scene! Check out some of the many musical acts that come through town every year, many of which are from Canada's own Juno Awards - this makes it an even more notable and appealing destination to visit!
12. Downtown Toronto is home to a number of green spaces. These include the David Pecaut Square, which is the city's public square, and also Nathan Phillips Square, which is another public space that hosts concerts and many special events.
13. The headquarters of Canada's biggest bank is also located in Toronto! The Royal Bank of Canada is based in this urban center and employs over 42,000 people.
14. In addition to many notable companies, Toronto is also home to several notable sports teams as well as facilities.
15. Toronto is Canada's largest city and is a key economic hub in the country.