A hidden gem, Brandon is a city in the province of Manitoba. Why is it a gem and why is it hidden? Because most people do not know that Brandon is one of the most affordable cities in all of Canada. It has a small population but with a lot to offer unlike other cities with the same population. It is ranked by many magazines and sites as one of the top 10 places to leave in Canada.
Here are 9 Quick Facts About The City of Brandon.
1. The city was incorporated on May 30, 1882.
2. The second largest city in the Canadian province of Manitoba is Brandon after Winnipeg. It has a population of around 52,000 people.
3. It is located very close to the US Border, with the state of North Dakota.
4. Wheat City is the city’s nickname.
5. Brandon is one of the sunniest cities in Canada.
6. Brandon is one of the best places to live in Canada. Housing is very affordable here and cost of living is low.
7. The city’s main economic engines are: retail, Agri-food processing, manufacturing and farming.
8. The second-largest war museum in Canada is located in Brandon; Canada’s RCA Museum (Canada’s National Artillery Museum).
9. Brandon’s climate is dry – so both summer and winters are dry on average. -46.7 C is the lowest temperature ever recorded on February 1, 1863.