Vancouver is a world class city, the most beautiful city in Canada. It has been recognized as one of the best cities in the world. Vancouver has it all, mountains, nature, the ocean, lakes, etc. It has hosted the 2010 Winter Olympics, the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup, Paralympics among other major world events and conferences. Here are some cool facts that make Vancouver one of a kind.
1. Vancouver is the 3rd largest city in Canada, behind Toronto and Montreal.
2. Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is the best airport in Canada.
3. On 13 June 1886, almost all of Vancouver was destroyed by a great fire.
4. Vancouver has the largest Chinatown in Canada.
5. The best weather in Canada; if snow, and extreme cold wind chill of the prairies, Atlantic, East and the rest of Canada is not your thing, then British Columbia is for you; specifically Vancouver and Victoria. They don’t have to deal with the cold and snow but they get a lot of rain and grey skies when it is not Summer. Personally I will take rain over snow and wind chill.
6. The Vancouver Aquarium is the biggest in Canada.
7. Vancouver has the highest standard of living in Canada and so it is the most expensive – especially real estate.
8. Hollywood North; Vancouver’s nickname, the city is third in film production behind Los Angeles and New York City.
9. The longest pool in Canada is Vancouver’s Kitsilano Pool.
10. Unlike other big cities in Canada which are dominated by commercial buildings in their downtown core, Over 60% of downtown Vancouver is residential. A lot of beautiful condos make up downtown.
11. Vancouver loves its sports; home to the Vancouver Canucks of the NHL (National Hockey League), the Vancouver Whitecaps of MLS (Major League Soccer), BC Lions of the CFL (Canadian Football League). They used to also have the Grizzles of the NBA (National Basketball Association) until they moved to Memphis.
12. Due to it’s proximity with Asia, Vancouver has the highest number of Asian migrants in North America.
13. Vancouver ranks 3rd in the world for quality of life.
14. The Port of Vancouver is the largest port in Canada. It is always a beautiful sight to see all these beautiful cruise ships and transportation ships come and go. Over 100 Billion dollars worth of goods come and go through this port every year. One of the largest ports in the world.
15. Botox, a cosmetic treatment used to reduce lines and wrinkles was invented in Vancouver.
16. The Urban paradise Stanley Park in Vancouver is larger than New York City’s central park. It is an estimated 1001 acres. It has everything bike paths, beaches, local wildlife and so much more.
[headline style=”12″ align=”center” headline_tag=”h2″]Pin this image to Your Pinterest Board and share the love!