Canada is not only massive but has very unique, interesting and diverse geography. From having 6 different time zones to the coldest temperature… there is much to learn and discover.
1. Canada is bordered by 3 different Oceans: Atlantic, Pacific, and Arctic Oceans.
2. The Rocky Mountains are some of the most beautiful mountains in the world. They contain various lakes, wildlife, amazing scenery, parks and much, much more. A MUST visit for anyone who appreciates nature. They are shared by both Canada and the United States.
3. The capital city of Canada; Ottawa is the second coldest capital city in the world.
4. The second largest French-speaking city in the world is Montreal, only Paris is first.
5. Absolutely massive – Canada is home to; 10 provinces and 3 territories.
6. It is also home to 6 different time zones.
7. Forest, forest, and more forests! 1/10 percent of all forests are in Canada.
8. Mount Logan is the highest mountain in Canada. It can be found in Yukon for you adventure lovers. It is approximately 19,551 feet.
9. The longest freshwater beach in the world is Wasaga beach.
10. -63C OR -81.4F is the coldest recorded temperature in Canada. This happened on February 3/1957 in Snag, Yukon.
11. Great Bear Lake and Great Slave Lake are two of the largest lakes in the world. They can be found in the Northwest Territories.
12. The largest freshwater island in the world is Manitoulin Island.
13. Canada’s territory of Nunavut is so big that it takes up 1/5 of Canada’s total land area.
14. British Columbia’s Ocean Falls on average sees 330 days of rain every year. If you love rain, then this is truly the place to be.
15. The sunniest place in Canada is Estevan, Saskatchewan.
16. Yonge St in Toronto is one of the longest streets in the World.
17. Canada has the longest coastline on the planet.
18. Canada is the second largest country in the World.
19. Canada has more fresh water than the rest of the planet put together.
SAVE this to your Pinterest Account Now, hover on image!