Voted by many as Canada’s worst prime minister ever, some of these quotes by Justin Trudeau will have you chuckling, some of them will have you scratching your head and… some of you may upset you (sorry!) but these quotes give us an insight into Justin’s philosophy and way of thinking. Comment below and tell us what you think.
1. I was a snowboard instructor, I was a bouncer in a nightclub, I was a whitewater river guide for many years. I worked as a teacher. I make no apologies for a very varied set of life experiences.
2. The way to build a strong future is by both protecting the environment and creating good jobs.
3. I don’t read the newspapers, I don’t watch the news. I figure, if something important happens, someone will tell me.
4. I’m a high school teacher. I’m someone who stumbles my way through, leads with my chin in some cases, leads with my heart in all cases.
5. One of the most important things in any leader or in any successful approach is to focus on connecting with people and really listening to them. We shouldn’t just be saying, oh yes, the people are protesting. We need to ask them why they are protesting and try and figure out if there is something we can do to bring them in and respond to those concerns. That’s not populism – that’s being thoughtfully open to the fact that our citizens are allowed to have, and are even justified in having, very real concerns and questions for the people responsible for serving them.
6. I’m constantly amazed when I talk with people in the international stage and I refer to immigrants or refugees as new Canadians. We don’t even think about that. It’s just what you are: you’re new Canadians.
7. You can’t run a government from one single person. What instead matters is that leadership be about gathering around extraordinary individuals and getting the best out of them.
8. People think that boxing is all about how hard you can hit your opponent. It’s not. Boxing is about how hard a hit you can take and keep going.
9. Let’s try and bring out the best in all of us and a positive vision of working together to solve big problems, to recognize that, yes, all is not right, things need to be fixed. We’re better off solving things by working together than by pointing fingers at other people.
10. Every time, every time a tourist or an immigrant or a refugee shows up in another country there’s a security risk.
SAVE this to your Pinterest Account Now, hover on image!