Growing up very humble beginnings, Mr. Jean Chrétien was a son to middle class working parents. Kids made fun of him while growing up and made him strong and tough, outspoken. We were inspired by his childhood, and we hope these quotes assist you in some way. From nothing to one of the longest-serving prime minister – truly, Canadian story that anything is possible.
1. God gave me a physical defect, I’ve accepted that since I was a kid. When I was a kid people were laughing at me. But I accepted that because God gave me other qualities and I’m grateful.
2. President Bush is a friend of mine. He’s not a moron at all.
3. I learned early that business is business and politics is politics. The proof is how few important businessmen have made good politicians. They may think that they are very smart about everything because they made millions of dollars by digging a hole in the ground and finding oil, but the talent and luck needed to become rich are not the same talent and luck needed to succeed on Parliament Hill.
4. There’s no such thing as a genius in politics, or at least I have never met one. There are only human beings, some better than others, who rise or fall on the challenges they meet.
5. If military action in Iraq is launched without a new U.N. resolution, Canada will not participate.
6. Everybody has the right to speak up in a democracy. We would be in trouble as a society if there wasn’t a constant pressure to make reforms and to be just. Sometimes as prime minister, when i was caught up in a really loud demonstration, I used to say to myself that I deserved it because of all the demonstrations I myself had organized as a student against Duplessis.
7. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It’s a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it’s because it’s proven.
8. A man can’t ask for much more than the chance to make a difference in his chosen field of work. Politics is my vocation. I’m forever grateful for the opportunity to contribute to this great country of ours. I know I am a better person for it.
9. It is not the government’s purpose to make a profit the way a company does, because a company doesn’t have to give a damn about the unemployed poor or provide services that are non-commercial by definition.
10. Canadian federalism is more than a form of government. It’s also a system of values that allows different people in diverse communities to live and work together in harmony for the good of all.
SAVE this to your Pinterest Account Now, hover on image!