She is indirectly the most powerful person in Canada. She is on the 20 dollar bill and she is the Queen of several countries; Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, The Bahamas, Jamaica, Barbados, Saint Lucia, and others. Here are some popular quotes by Queen Elizabeth II.
1. The world is not the most pleasant place. Eventually, your parents leave you and nobody is going to go out of their way to protect you unconditionally. You need to learn to stand up for yourself and what you believe and sometimes, pardon my language, kick some ass.
2. Work is the rent you pay for the room you occupy on earth.
3. When life seems hard, the courageous do not lie down and accept defeat; instead, they are all the more determined to struggle for a better future.
4. These wretched babies don’t come until they are ready.
5. We lost the American colonies because we lacked the statesmanship to know the right time and the manner of yielding what is impossible to keep.
6. Family does not necessarily mean blood relatives but often a description of a community, organisation or nation.
7. For many, Christmas is also a time for coming together. But for others, service will come first.
8. I know of no single formula for success. But over the years I have observed that some attributes of leadership are universal and are often about finding ways of encouraging people to combine their efforts, their talents, their insights, their enthusiasm and their inspiration to work together.
9. In remembering the appalling suffering of war on both sides, we recognize how precious is the peace we have built in Europe since 1945.
10. To what greater inspiration and counsel can we turn than to the imperishable truth to be found in this treasure house, the Bible?
11. Therefore I am sure that this, my Coronation, is not the symbol of a power and a splendor that are gone but a declaration of our hopes for the future, and for the years I may, by God’s Grace and Mercy, be given to reign and serve you as your Queen.
12. First, I want to pay tribute to Diana myself. She was an exceptional and gifted human being. In good times and bad, she never lost her capacity to smile and laugh, nor to inspire others with her warmth and kindness. I admired and respected her – for her energy and commitment to others, and especially for her devotion to her two boys.
13. The upward course of a nation’s history is due in the long run to the soundness of heart of its average men and women.
PIN this to your Pinterest Account Now