Queen Elizabeth II was a wife, a mother, a grandmother, and Queen of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth of Nations. She is the longest-reigning Monarch in the history of the United Kingdom. Take a look into the mind of the Queen with these exciting quotes.
Discover some fascinating Quotes about Queen Elizabeth II below.
1. Therefore, I am sure that this, my Coronation, is not the symbol of a power and a splendour that are gone but a declaration of our hopes for the future and for the years I may, by God’s Grace and Mercy, be given to reign and serve you as your Queen.
2. To what greater inspiration and counsel can we turn than to the imperishable truth to be found in this treasure house, the Bible?
3. It’s worth remembering that it is often the small steps, not the giant leaps, that bring about the most lasting change.
4. While we may have more still to endure, better days will return: we will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we will meet again.
5. Everyone is our neighbour, no matter what race, creed or colour.
6. I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.
7. In remembering the appalling suffering of war on both sides, we recognise how precious is the peace we have built in Europe since 1945.
8. I know of no single formula for success. But over the years, I have observed that some attributes of leadership are universal and are often about finding ways of encouraging people to combine their efforts, their talents, their insights, their enthusiasm and their inspiration to work together.
9. I have to be seen to be believed.
10. Grief is the price we pay for love.
11. It has always been easy to hate and destroy. To build and to cherish is much more difficult.
12. At its heart, engineering is about using science to find creative, practical solutions. It is a noble profession.
13. I cannot lead you into battle. I do not give you laws or administer justice, but I can do something else – I can give my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations.
14. The wartime generation—my generation—is resilient.
15. I have in sincerity pledged myself to your service, as so many of you are pledged to mine. Throughout all my life and with all my heart I shall strive to be worthy of your trust.
16. I myself prefer my New Zealand eggs for breakfast.
17. First, I want to pay tribute to Diana myself. She was an exceptional and gifted human being. In good times and bad, she never lost her capacity to smile and laugh, nor to inspire others with her warmth and kindness. I admired and respected her – for her energy and commitment to others, and especially for her devotion to her two boys.
18. You’ve all seen pictures of the earth taken from space. Unlike all the other planets in the solar system, earth shimmers green and blue in the sunlight and looks a very pleasant place to live.