Even though she was only prime minister of Canada for a few months (a very short time), Kim Campbell was an experienced politician, and a very wise woman. She is Canada’s FIRST and only prime minister in Canadian history. Below are some of her quotes and words of wisdom.
1. The election is not a time to discuss serious issues.
2. If you never encounter anything in your community that offends you, then you are not living in a free society.
3. I believe that Canadians have the common sense to see that a better future cannot be built on fragmentation.
4. Canadians want to see real hope restored, not false hopes raised.
5. I have always believed governments must adapt to the needs of the people, not the other way around.
6. Canada is the homeland of equality, justice and tolerance.
7. Our first Prime Minister saw a country that would be known for its generosity of spirit. And so it is.
8. For people on social assistance, the loss of free dental care, prescription drugs and subsidized housing can greatly outweigh additional income from working. We’ve all heard the stories.
9. There are certain things in gun control that have a certain public appeal, but when you’re legislating you need to look at the research on what works, what doesn’t, and what really has an impact, recognizing you’re never going to do away entirely with gun violence.
10. For too many, to work means having less income.
SAVE this to your Pinterest Account Now, hover on image!