Before he became “The Great One”, in his youth… Wayne Gretzky was told he was too small, too slow and would never make the NHL. Now, regarded by many fans and his peers, former and present as the greatest hockey player in the NHL’s history (National Hockey League), Wayne Gretzky is a former Canadian hockey player. He was born in Brantford, Ontario, Canada – January 26/1961.
Here are 12 great quotes by Wayne Gretzky.
1. No matter who you are, we’re creatures of habit. The better your habits are, the better they will be in pressure situations.
2. You know, I’ve held women and babies and jewels and money, but nothing will ever feel as good as holding that Cup.
3. Procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of diseases and its toll on success and happiness is heavy.
4. Sometimes people ask, ‘Are hockey fights real?’ I say, ‘If they weren’t, I’d get in more of them.
5. Hockey is a unique sport in the sense that you need each and every guy helping each other and pulling in the same direction to be successful.
6. I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.
7. I couldn’t beat people with my strength; I don’t have a hard shot; I’m not the quickest skater in the league. My eyes and my mind have to do most of the work.
8. A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.
9. The day I stop giving is the day I stop receiving. The day I stop learning is the day I stop growing. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
10. The highest compliment that you can pay me is to say that I work hard every day, that I never dog it.
11. Not doing it is certainly the best way to not getting it.
12. I think that from the time you start playing sports as a child you see that your responsibility to your team is to play the best that you can play as an individual… and yet, not take anything away from being part of a team.