Terry Fox was a young Canadian hero who died at the very young age of 22 inspired millions of people to never give up and keep fighting, and we are confident that in the near future, there will be a cure for Cancer for everyone. Terry ran across Canada to raise funds and awareness.
1. I know that you can do the impossible.
2. I want to try the impossible to show that it can be done.
3. I don’t feel that this is unfair. That’s the thing about cancer. I’m not the only one, it happens all the time to people. I’m not special. This just intensifies what I did. It gives it more meaning. It’ll inspire more people. I just wish people would realize that anything’s possible if you try; dreams are made possible if you try.
4. Everybody seems to have given up hope of trying. I haven’t. It isn’t easy and it isn’t supposed to be, but I’m accomplishing something. How many people give up a lot to do something good. I’m sure we would have found a cure for cancer 20 years ago if we had really tried.
5. When I started this run, I said that if we all gave one dollar, we’d have $22 million for cancer research, and I don’t care man, there’s no reason that isn’t possible. No reason!
6. I guess that one of the most important things I’ve learned is that nothing is ever completely bad. Even cancer. It has made me a better person. It has given me courage and a sense of purpose I never had before. But you don’t have to do like I did…wait until you lose a leg or get some awful disease, before you take the time to find out what kind of stuff you’re really made of. You can start now. Anybody can.
7. It took cancer to realize that being self-centered is not the way to live. The answer is to try and help others.
8. I’m not a dreamer… but I believe in miracles. I have to.
9. The night before my amputation, my former basketball coach brought me a magazine with an article on an amputee who ran in the New York Marathon. It was then I decided to meet this new challenge head on and not only overcome my disability, but conquer it in such a way that I could never look back and say it disabled me.
10. Even if I don’t finish, we need others to continue. It’s got to keep going.
Like these Quotes by Terry Fox? SAVE this to your Pinterest Account Now, hover on image!