Some of these quotes made us wonder… some of them made us pause and scratch our heads, but they say a lot about the kind of man Stephen Harper is and his way of thinking. It validates why he is on the list as one of Canada’s worst prime ministers.
1. Evil comes in many forms and seems to reinvent itself time and again. But whatever it calls itself – Nazism, Marxist-Leninism, today, terrorism – they all have one thing in common: the destruction, the end of human liberty.
2. Restoring accountability will be one of the major priorities of our new government. Accountability is what ordinary Canadians, working Canadians, those people who pay their bills, pay their taxes, expect from their political leaders.
3. There’s going to be a new code on Parliament Hill: bend the rules, you will be punished; break the law, you will be charged; abuse the public trust, you will go to prison.
4. There is no greater fraud than a promise not kept.
5. Corruption is not a Canadian value!
6. Canada is a Northern European welfare state in the worst sense of the term, and very proud of it.
7. Faith teaches that there is a right and wrong beyond mere opinion or desire. Most importantly, it teaches us that freedom is not an end in itself, that how freedom is exercised matters as much as freedom itself.
8. But I’m very libertarian in the sense that I believe in small government and, as a general rule, I don’t believe in imposing values upon people.
9. Canada appears content to become a second-tier socialistic country, boasting ever more loudly about its economy and social services to mask its second-rate status.
10. In terms of the unemployed, of which we have over a million-and-a-half, don’t feel particularly bad for many of these people. They don’t feel bad about it themselves, as long as they’re receiving generous social assistance and unemployment insurance.