The Toronto Football Club (Toronto FC) is a soccer team based in the North American league known as Major League Soccer, playing in the league’s Eastern Conference. Toronto FC plays in the Canadian city of Toronto. They play their home games at BMO Field. The team’s colours are red, white and black. The team plays in both the MLS and Canadian Championship.
1. The team has an estimated value of more than 390 million dollars.
2. The team is owned by Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment (MLSE). We should also note that MLSE owns The Raptors (NBA) and the Maple Leafs (NHL).
3. Toronto FC has the highest payroll in the entire league.
4. The club was founded in October 2005.
5. The team is currently coached by Javier Pérez. Javier joined the team in 2021.
6. The team enjoyed a lot of success in its young history. They have won the MLS cup 1 time, the Canadian Championship 7 times, runners-up in the 2018 CONCACAF Champions League, and the MLS Cup in 2016 and 2019.
7. The BMO Field stadium has a capacity of around 30,000.
8. Toronto FC has had outstanding players in their history. Greats include Dwayne De Rosario, Torsten Frings, Danny Koevermans, Jermain Defoe, and Sebastian Giovinco, who are all worthy of significant mention here.
9. The team was ranked first on Forbes’s list of most valuable soccer clubs in 2016 in North America.
10. Danny Dichio made history two times in the same game. He scored the club’s first-ever goal against the Chicago Fire on May 12, 2007. He is also the first player in the club’s history to receive a red card.
11. In 2015, BMO Field, where the team plays its home games, hosted the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup along with stadiums across Canada in Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.