The popularity of national parks can vary based on personal preferences, but here’s a list of 15 notable and widely visited national parks in Canada:
- Banff National Park (Alberta): Known for stunning mountain landscapes, glacial lakes, and outdoor activities like hiking and skiing.
- Jasper National Park (Alberta): Featuring iconic peaks, beautiful lakes, and abundant wildlife, offering a vast area for exploration.
- Yoho National Park (British Columbia): Renowned for its towering waterfalls, serene lakes, and diverse geological formations.
- Waterton Lakes National Park (Alberta): A UNESCO World Heritage Site and an International Peace Park, showcasing a blend of stunning landscapes.
- Glacier National Park (British Columbia): Offers challenging hiking trails, awe-inspiring glaciers, and breathtaking mountain scenery.
- Pacific Rim National Park Reserve (British Columbia): Known for its rugged coastline, sandy beaches, and ancient rainforests.
- Gros Morne National Park (Newfoundland and Labrador): A UNESCO World Heritage Site, featuring stunning cliffs, fjords, and unique geology.
- Fundy National Park (New Brunswick): Home to the highest tides in the world, offering diverse landscapes and coastal exploration.
- Kootenay National Park (British Columbia): Boasts hot springs, deep canyons, and picturesque mountain scenery.
- Cape Breton Highlands National Park (Nova Scotia): Known for its iconic Cabot Trail, offering panoramic views of the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
- Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve (Quebec): Features impressive limestone formations and unique flora and fauna.
- Forillon National Park (Quebec): Offers breathtaking coastal landscapes, diverse wildlife, and historic sites.
- Point Pelee National Park (Ontario): A haven for birdwatchers, particularly during migration seasons, with diverse ecosystems.
- Riding Mountain National Park (Manitoba): Home to mixed-grass prairies, boreal forests, and a variety of wildlife.
- Prince Albert National Park (Saskatchewan): Known for its boreal forest, lakes, and the chance to spot diverse wildlife.
These parks offer diverse natural landscapes, unique ecosystems, and opportunities for outdoor activities, making them popular destinations for locals and tourists alike.