Use the search box to the right, to find what you are looking for. Powered by Google.
1) As of 2021, Vancouver has an estimated population of 683,118 and is currently the largest city in British Columbia. It is located at the southwest end of Vancouver Island, at the mouth of the Fraser River. It is the hub of trade and commerce in British Columbia. Major industries include wood products, mining, fishing and tourism.
2) Surrey is the second-largest city in British Columbia with an estimated population of 519,917 as of 2021. It is located in Southwestern British Columbia and is not far from Burnaby. Major industries include manufacturing.
3) Burnaby has an estimated population of 253,329 as of 2021 and is the third-largest city in British Columbia. It is located in the southeast end of the province and is part of Greater Vancouver. Major industries include food products, electronics, software & digital media.
4) Richmond has an estimated population of 222,248 and is the fourth-largest city in British Columbia as of 2021. It is located in the Greater Vancouver region and is home to UBC. Major industries include education & health services.
5) Abbotsford: is one of the largest cities in British Columbia, with an estimated population of 151,537 as of 2021. It is located on the Fraser River, east of Vancouver. Major industries include transportation & distribution, education & health care.
6) As of 2021, Coquitlam has an estimated population of 143,013 and is the sixth-largest city in British Columbia. It lies on the Coquitlam River just north of Port Moody and includes most of Burrard Inlet (including English Bay). Major industries include commercial & residential real estate, retail & manufacturing.
7) Kelowna: the city has an estimated population of 136,131 and is the seventh-largest city in British Columbia as of 2021. It is located on Okanagan Lake. Major industries include agriculture (ranches) & forestry.
8) Delta is the 8th largest city in British Columbia and has an estimated population of 111,990 as of 2021.
9) As of 2021, Kamloops is the 9th largest city in the province with around 98,414 people. It is one of my favourite cities in BC, and is called "The Kamloops Gem."
10) Nanaimo, and last but not least, Nanaimo is the 10th largest city in the province of 95,115 as of 2021.
Notes: these estimates are based on trends, mortality rates, Canada's continued population increase and other factors.