Use the search box to the right, to find what you are looking for. Powered by Google.
1. The current Mayor of Brandon is Rick Chrest.
2. The city was incorporated on May 30, 1882.
3. Brandon derives its name from a Hudson's Bay trading post called Brandon House, which was known for the hill on James Bay under the command of Captain James.
4. The city has a population of around 50,000 people as of 2021, making it the second largest city in Manitoba after Winnipeg.
5. The city of Brandon is one of the fastest-growing in the country.
6. In Brandon, the average rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is around $860 a month.
7. It serves as a centre for flour, meat, fertilizers, chemicals, and petroleum products processing, and it provides a variety of cultural and arts facilities. Brandon is known as the “Wheat City of Canada”.
8. Canada's largest reptile collection is housed at Westman Reptile Gardens.
9. The city is home to Brandon University, Assiniboine Community College, and Robertson College. So, plenty of options for your studies.
10. Several high schools are located in Brandon.
11. Winnipeg is 201 km from Brandon and the distance by vehicle is 213.3 km.
12. Brandon is one of the few cities in Canada with a population of around 50,000 people that has an airport, Brandon Airport (Brandon Municipal Airport).
13. Things to Do in Brandon: Museums such as the commonwealth air training plan museum, and the Daly House Museum. The Riverbank Discovery Centre, festivals, biking trails and other fun and other interesting things.
14. Brandon experiences a cold and dry continental climate during winter and warm, hot summer.
15. The highest temperature ever recorded was 43.3 degrees Celsius on July 11, 1936, and the lowest temperature ever recorded was 46.7 degrees Celsius on February 1, 1893.