Use the search box to the right, to find what you are looking for. Powered by Google.
14:00 mins video of the Toronto Zoo
1. Toronto is the most multicultural city in Canada. Toronto is truly a melting pot of cultures, as demonstrated by the diversity of the people who live here.
2. The Toronto Zoo is the biggest zoo in Canada. Spanning 287 hectares of land, the Toronto Zoo has more than 4,000 animals. It is home to more than 1,000 species of animals and over 500 different kinds of plants! With so many different kinds of animals on display, kids will never be bored at the Toronto Zoo.
3. Toronto has some very tall buildings. Most of Canada's tallest buildings are located here in Toronto. The CN Tower is Canada’s most famous landmark - and it even has a restaurant at the top! At 553 metres tall, it is also one of the world’s tallest free-standing structures.
4. The best and most popular park in Toronto is High Park.
5. The largest mall in the city is the Eaton Centre.
6. The most famous sports team in Toronto is the Toronto Maple Leafs of the National Hockey League.
7. The Toronto Public Library hosts all kinds of events and activities for kids and families - including storytimes, Science Saturdays, and musical performances. It is the largest public library system in all of Canada.
8. The University of Toronto is the country's largest school for undergrad studies.
9. The GTA (Greater Toronto Area) has the most college and high school sports teams in the province of Ontario!
10. The mayor of Toronto is John Tory - who was elected Mayor in 2014 and is known for balancing the budget and keeping taxes low.
11. The richest person in Toronto is David Thomson, he is also the wealthiest person in Canada... with a net worth of over 40 billion dollars.
12. Ontario's largest French school board, The Conseil scolaire Viamonde (CSV) is located in Toronto.
13. The most expensive neighbourhood in Toronto is Bridle Path.
14. Casa Loma is the most popular mansion in Toronto. It's the site of many movies and television shows. The mansion attracts hundreds of thousands of tourists annually.
15. If you're looking for the most popular movie theatre in Toronto that's still open - then look no further than the Cineplex Cinemas Yonge Dundas & VIP.
16. The rapper Drake was born in Toronto.
17. Andre Wiggins of the Golden State Warriors was born in Toronto.
18. Corus Entertainment is based in Toronto. The company is the owner of YTV Canada and other kids television cartoon TV shows.
19. The largest museum in Canada is Toronto's Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO).
20. Of the many nicknames, Toronto is called "the Six" because the city is made up of 6 different areas; Old Toronto, Scarborough, East York, North York, Etobicoke and York.
Want to learn more about Toronto? Check out these other facts about Toronto right now to discover more.